Naked cat, without a tail, or with folded ears… one thing is certain: these 5 breeds of cats will not leave anyone indifferent.
If the Ragdoll, the Main coon or the Persian are breeds of cats well known, others are less so. With a particular physique, these cats are nevertheless excellent companions.
the Donskoy or Don’s Sphynx is a medium-sized, lively and intelligent cat. His Absence of hair makes it very sensitive to extreme temperatures. It will therefore be necessary to protect it in particular if it has access to an exterior. It is an ideal cat for people in apartments.
- Lifetime : the life expectancy of a Donskoy is between 12 and 15 years.
- Height and weight : male and female weigh an average of 3 kg to 7 kg and measure between 20 cm and 28 cm at the withers.
- Physical features: this breed of cat resembles the Sphynx cat due to its lack of hair.
- Fur : this cat is not completely naked, it actually has a very fine down.
- Health : the Donskoy possesses solid health.
The Selkirk Rex
the selkirk rex is a cat with a massive physique of medium size with an astonishing particularity: a curly coat. This breed of cat of American origin is a recent breed. With its plush look, the Selkirk rex adapts to both outdoor and apartment living. Calm and even lazy, this cat loves family life.
- Lifetime : the life expectancy of a Selkirk Rex is between 15 and 20 years.
- Height and weight : male and female weigh between 3 kg and 7 kg. They measure up to 30 cm at the withers.
- Physical features: this cat is characterized by its very dense curly hair.
- Fur : this breed of cat can be long or short haired, but always very curly.
- Health : this cat may be subject to certain hereditary diseases such as feline leucosis or polycystic kidney disease.
The Scottish Fold
the Scottish Fold is a medium-sized cat of Scottish origin. His folded ears make it special. He is a calm and discreet cat who appreciates the company of his masters. Be careful, the Scottish Fold is a greedy, even gluttonous cat!
- Lifetime : the life expectancy of the Scottish Fold is between 13 and 15 years.
- Height and weight : male and female weigh between 3 kg and 5 kg and measure up to 30 cm at the withers.
- Physical features: the Scottish Fold is recognizable by its broad head and forward-folded ears.
- Fur : he can have short or semi-long hair depending on his lineage.
- Health : the Scottish Fold can be affected by several diseases such as osteochondrodysplasia and osteoarthritis.
The Manx, or Isle of Man cat is a robust and strong cat without tail. Originally, as its name suggests, from the British island, the Manx has a calm and playful temperament which makes it a pleasant cat to live with. Note: its thick fur requires regular grooming.
- Lifetime : the life expectancy of a Manx is between 15 and 20 years.
- Height and weight : male and female weigh between 3 and 5 kg and measure up to 40 cm at the withers.
- Physical features: there are four types of Manx breed cats with more or less long tails. the rumpythe rumpy riserthe stumpy and the longythe latter has a tail.
- Fur : the Manx has a short, silky coat. All colors are allowed for this breed of cat.
- Health : this cat has excellent health.
The Oriental is a cat from Thailand, very elegant, as affectionate as stubborn. Recognizable among a thousand, this cat has a unique head with a very long and thick nose and very large ears. This talkative cat only asks for one thing, to be present with its master. Because behind a strong character, this cat can easily suffer from loneliness.
- Lifetime : the life expectancy of an Oriental is between 12 and 15 years.
- Height and weight : male and female weigh between 2 kg and 5 kg and measure about 30 cm at the withers.
- Fur : he has a very short and soft hair to the touch. Generally uniform or tabby colors, excluding colourpointed coats.
- Health : the Oriental has no particular health problem.
Adopting an animal commits you, it is a decision that you will have to think carefully about. Do not hesitate to contact your veterinarian or the shelter closest to you before starting. They will be able to give you their advice on the breed of cat that will suit you best.